We arrived at the church and rode the lift to the third floor and were greeted warmly by many of our Indian friends at the church. There was not nearly enough time to catch up, but we still have three more Sundays to work on that. We worshiped together with several new and a smattering of old songs to prepare us for John’s powerful message.
1. Pray Psalm 51:10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God.” A good way to start might be to pray for family, church, community and our generation.
2. Give thanks for Psalm 61:5 “Give me the heritage of those who fear your name.” This got a little personal as John mentioned me and shared his 2012 visit and sermon at the Toulon, Illinois church where I was confirmed as a youth as an example of such a heritage.
3. Commit to Psalm 63:4 “Only in your name will I lift my hands.” What if we would only act to further the kingdom?
4. Psalm 63:5 Live a lifestyle where “my lips will glorify you.” Could we commit to telling someone each day how good God is?
5. Psalm 36:7 “Trust our lives to the shadow of God’s wing.” What might we accomplish if our “Only desire was You Oh Lord.”
I am so very thankful that I do have the heritage of those who fear God’s Holy Name and the Name of His Son Jesus. I can only pray that my children and grandchildren will one day say the same. But if for any reason that heritage has not been there, this would be a great generation in which to begin!